Pages Navigation Menu

Paying the way for military families

military-biggerWe call it a free class, but we know the price paid by military families can’t be put into numbers. At Columbia College, we will cover the tuition of your first class for you.

When we pay for that first class, you’ll be free to focus on learning. All of our tuition grants for military spouses and dependents are designed to help you take a risk-free step towards your degree.

What does Columbia College offer?

You may be able to try out CC without spending a penny in tuition costs. Our three grants for eligible military spouses and families can save you up to $600 on your first class or up to $6,000 over the course of your degree with the Military Spouse Tuition Grant. Use the following information to see which grants are best for you.

Military Spouse Tuition Grant

Allows eligible military spouses to receive a 20% tuition discount on all in-seat undergraduate courses, at any nationwide location.

Am I eligible? 

• You must be the spouse of a military member currently serving on active duty or in the National Guard or Reserves.*
  • You cannot receive the grant if your tuition is covered under any tuition assistance program, with the exception of the MyCAA program.

Spouses Opportunity Grant

Allows eligible military spouses to take their first class, online or in-seat at any of our 35+ nationwide locations, with CC covering 100% of the tuition fees.

Am I eligible? 

• You must be seeking your first undergraduate degree.
  • You must be registered for your first course at Columbia College (grant will be awarded to cover the cost of this course).

Military Family Member’s Opportunity Grant

Allows eligible military family dependents to take their first in-seat class at any of our 35+ nationwide locations, with CC covering 100% of the tuition fees.

Am I eligible?

• You must be a dependent family member of a military member currently serving on active duty or in the National Guard or Reserves.*

*including Coast Guard and Coast Guard Reserves.

We’ll help you decide what grant and classes are right for you. With six class sessions each year, you don’t have to wait months to get started. Click here for more information, and we’ll be in touch to get you going.

Related Post

8 Comments

1. I am currently a student and recently got married. My husband is Active Duty and I wanted to see how to go about qualifying for the Military Spouse Tuition Grant.

• Ms. Hawkins, good afternoon! A representative from our Financial Aid Office will be in touch with you very soon to assist with your question. Thank you for reaching out!

Sam Fleury
      Associate Director of Public Relations

2. My daughter is enrolled at Columbia College. I (her mother) is active duty Air Force. Does she qualify for 100% tuition? Her name is Ashley Olinde.

Thank you!

• Ms. McKethen

Good afternoon. A member of our Veterans Services Center staff will be contacting you in the near future regarding your question. Thank you for the comment and have a great week!

Sam Fleury
      Columbia College Public Relations

3. Good morning. I am currently in the Army National Guard and have a 2 year degree from Mineral Area College. I would like to finish out my Bachelors degree. I know about federal TA but want hear about other options. I also need to see what credits you will accept.

Thank you.

• Kevin,

Good morning and thank you for reaching out! A member of our Veterans Services center will be in communication with you very soon to answer your questions above. Thanks!

Sam Fleury
      Columbia College Public Relations Team

4. Hello, I am serving active duty in the US Army and currently deployed overseas in Afghanistan. I would like to know if it would be possible to take online classes from your college while i am out here.

• Mr. Preciado

Good morning and thank you for reaching out. A member of our Veterans Services Center team will be contacting you in the very near future. Thank you for your service and be safe!

Sam Fleury
      Columbia College Public Relations