The college received six awards in the 2014 CASE VI Institutional Awards competition.
- The Development, Alumni Relations and Public Relations division won a gold award for overall operations of the division, one of the most prestigious awards in the competition.
- The Nationwide Campus newsletters received a gold award in the print internal audience newsletter category (recognizing work by Col. Mike Randerson, Dr. Eric Cunningham, the operational deans, the Nationwide Campus directors, all of AHE, Public Relations’ graphic designers and Jennifer Truesdale).
- The freshman survival guide received a gold award in the multi-page booklet category (recognizing work by students, Enrollment Management, Kaci Smart and Jennifer Truesdale).
- The Jane Froman Era Cabaret Series poster received a gold award and a silver award in the excellence in design and individual in-house publication categories, respectively (recognizing work by Sheena Kendrick and Events, Protocol & Design).
- Scootergraph received a silver award in the in-house miscellaneous publications category (recognizing work by Alumni Relations, Patricia Houston and Sheena Kendrick).
Columbia College received 35 gifts for a total of $2,250 as a result of the second annual #GivingTuesday, a national campaign dedicated to encouraging charitable activities that support nonprofit organizations. The college promoted the idea of giving to the Columbia College Alumni Association’s “50 for 50” campaign.
Have you recently been honored, recognized, or even just done something you think is neat? Let us know, so we can highlight you in this section of Connections! Email PR Coordinator Celia Darrough with any news about yourself or your colleagues.