At Columbia College, we’re so proud of our student athletes who work hard each day in the classroom and on the court/field/track, etc. Here are some highlights of recent achievements by the athletes, teams and coaches.
- Ten athletes were named as NAIA Scholar-Athletes this fall. To be a NAIA Scholar-Athlete, a student must be a junior or higher, have a 3.5 GPA or above and have attended Columbia College for one full year.
- Devin Griffin and Wendell Crowder, seniors on the men’s basketball team, won their 100th career game as Cougars on Jan. 2.
- Lindsey Martin was Columbia College’s first women’s cross country NAIA All-American and Scholar-Athlete.
- Stephanie Hale was the first women’s soccer NAIA All-American and conference player of the year.
- Stephanie Hale and Meg Goddard were the first women’s soccer NAIA Scholar-Athletes.
- Both the men’s and women’s basketball teams have been ranked in the Top 25 all season this year.
- The women’s soccer team had their first trip in Columbia College history to the NAIA National Championships. They also had their first regular season and tournament championship.
- Mike Davis, head women’s basketball coach, won his 300th game at Columbia College on Jan. 11.