The staff would like to recognize the new leaders of Columbia College-Fort Leonard Wood Student Organization and say thank you for the service of the previous leaders. The new leaders include President Jason Robinson, Vice President Johanna Nard, Treasurer Alex Westfall and Secretary Sharlyn Hawkins. Thanks goes to David Livermore, Tabitha Hundt and Scott Grenier for their previous leadership service.
The Columbia College-Fort Leonard Wood Student Organization is the direct tie between the student body and the campus’ director and staff. As the official voting body representing the students, the Student Organization offers input on major issues regarding the Fort Leonard Wood campus, and the needs and wishes of the student body. The purposes of the organization are:
- To present and represent the opinions and concerns of the student body to the director and staff/faculty.
- To assist, organize and promote extracurricular activities for the student body as well as with other student organizations.
- To assist the director and staff/faculty in improving and maintaining academic standards, especially academic integrity and honesty.
- To foster ties between Columbia College-Fort Leonard Wood and main campus.
- To assist Columbia College-Fort Leonard Wood staff with official duties, including graduation ceremonies.
Membership is open to any current Columbia College student who is in attendance three out of the five sessions per year, and also is open to Columbia College alumni. The Student Organization previously has participated in Feed the Children initiatives, the local Veterans Day Parade, Chili Cook-Off, and the Dodge Ball Brawl. The organization also donated to the Hurricane Sandy Supply and promotes scholarship programs. If interested in joining the Student Organization or volunteering in events, please contact Director Michael Siegel for more information at email@example.com.