Dr. Tonia Compton

Dr. Tonia Compton

Dr. Tonia Compton, assistant professor of History at Columbia College, will participate in the 2015 Greater Missouri Leadership Challenge. Participation in the year-long program is by invitation only, and is an opportunity for professionals from across the state to develop their leadership skills, network and learn how to influence and solve issues facing Missouri.

“I’m thrilled to be a part of the Greater Missouri Leadership Challenge,” Compton said. “This is a fantastic opportunity for me to further develop my leadership skills, and I’m looking forward to building relationships with some very talented individuals.”

Compton serves as the faculty representative on the Columbia College Alumni Association Board of Directors, and coordinates the college’s celebration of Women’s History Month each March. She also serves as the president of Region IV for Alpha Chi National College Honor Society.

Compton holds bachelor’s degrees in history and political science from Columbia College, a master’s degree in history from Texas A&M University and a doctorate in history from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.