The Columbia College Alumni Association (CCAA) has opened applications for the 2021 Scholars Program. Now in its eighth year, the initiative is led by the Alumni Advisory Board and allows the college’s alumni to make a tangible difference in the student experience.

Any active undergraduate or graduate, degree seeking student with a least 24 hours credit hours with Columbia College and a 2.75 GPA is invited to submit a 200-word application about why they are deserving of this $1,000 scholarship.

Recipients must be enrolled for the August 2021 session and may apply this award towards tuition, room and board or books. Part-time students who meet the above criteria may also apply for a $500 scholarship.

Since its inception, the CCAA Advisory Board has awarded 40 scholarships to exceptional students who represent the college’s diverse locations and degree offerings.

Sky Fischer ’20 received one of nine $1,000 scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic year. The award assisted with financial expenses in her final year pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Education.

“Columbia College is one of the best things that has happened to me,” she says. “I have met my best friends here and I have grown as a person,” she says. “I also have gotten amazing experiences observing in Columbia Public Schools for all of my Education classes.”

The deadline for submissions is Friday, March 12, 2021. Applications must be submitted online at my.ccis.edu/scholars.

Please contact Keith McIver, director of Alumni Development, with questions at kwmciver@ccis.edu or (573) 875-7550.

Scholarships are made possible through the generosity of alumni and friends of the college. Click here to support the CCAA Scholars Program.