The Weather is Changing, and So Are We!

By Kelly Nekvinda, director, Columbia College of Missouri-Lake County

Kelly NekvindaAnother successful semester has begun at Lake County/Great Lakes. This year we’ve taken on a new challenge of ensuring a great educational experience while maintaining a safe and healthy environment for everyone. One of our Lake County students stated that, “As an introvert, I find classes through Zoom great! I get the in-seat experience while staying in the comfort of my own home. It makes me feel like I want to participate and engage more as I don’t get as nervous.” Because we are again offering Online, Virtual, and In-Seat courses in the Spring Semester, be sure to speak with your advisor to decide what version is best for you!

In other news, after a great year and a half at our Lake County/Great Lakes location our academic advisor, Sonia Gomez, will be leaving CC to pursue different adventures. She and her husband will be relocating to Minnesota. We wish them the best of luck moving forward. Ms. Gomez’s parting words were that “leaving Lake County is bittersweet as there are so many great students and experiences. However, I’m confident that the dedicated and passionate staff at Lake County will support our students in all their academic needs.” We will miss Ms. Gomez’s dedication and the search for our new Academic Advisor is now underway.

Lastly, Lake County is stepping in to the social media spotlight. Assistant Director Vicki Nichols is leading our social media efforts on Facebook. You can find her sharing useful information on various topics including mental health and academic tips. Make sure to take a peek. Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!

Please join us in sending good wishes to Ms. Gomez and welcoming the new opportunities at Lake County/Great Lakes.