Hello from your new director

By Tara Clawson-Inga, director, Columbia College-San Diego

Tara Clawson-IngaMy name is Tara Clawson-Inga and I am elated to be joining Columbia College as the director of Columbia College’s locations at MCRD San Diego and Naval Base San Diego. This appointment comes with the exciting opportunity to collaborate with an institution that values the well-being and positive educational experience of every student. Columbia College prides itself on enriching the lives of students while helping them achieve their true personal and professional potential.

As a higher education professional, I trust that my seven years in the field, along with my academic credentials which include a Bachelor of Art in Sociology, a Master’s in Education, a Master’s in English, and an impending Doctorate in Higher Education and Adult Learning, will help champion an environment of dedicated support, inspiration, and an appreciation of lifelong learning.

As Director, it is at my forefront to incorporate my knowledge and experience to reinforce the mission and values of Columbia College. Along with a stated commitment to providing accessibility, innovation, and flexibility, we have several undergraduate majors to choose from and offer four online master’s programs in business administration, criminal justice, military studies and teaching. In addition to in-seat degree programs, we also offer online degrees – 28 accredited online associate, bachelors and master’s degrees through more than 800 online courses.

In closing, I thank you for trusting Columbia College with your academic aspirations. Education is incredibly important to me and has been a great catalyst in my own professional endeavors. I know that the opportunities afforded to you at Columbia College will offer you the same through our array of high-quality degree programs that are both affordable and convenient. I look forward to meeting all of you in person and working with you towards reaching your own personal and educational goals.