By Paige Woods, director, Columbia College-Redstone Arsenal

By now, you’ve likely received an email from me, but I have not had the chance to properly introduce myself to you! I joined the Columbia College-Redstone Arsenal team in September 2021 as the new director, after John Adams’s retirement in August.

A little bit about me: I grew up in Central Virginia as part of a family with many ties to the Army. In early childhood, I spent a few years at Ft. Stewart, Georgia, while my dad was stationed there. After his discharge, we returned to Virginia. My grandfather was a military policeman and stationed at many bases across the U.S. and in Germany prior to his retirement. He is now buried at Arlington National Cemetery with my grandmother. My stepfather made a career of working for the Virginia Army National Guard in various leadership roles and retired as a colonel several years ago.

I attended college at Christopher Newport University in Newport News, Virginia, where I earned a Bachelor of Science in Biology. I went on to earn a Master of Science in College Student Personnel from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Since then, I have served students at Georgia Southern University (Statesboro, Georgia), UTK, and the University of Central Florida (Orlando, Florida) prior to my family’s relocation to the Hunstville area in late 2019.

Paige Woods, director, Columbia College-Redstone Arsenal

My 12-year career in higher education has focused on programming and processes related to new student and parent and family programming for incoming freshmen and transfer students. I am passionate about creating inclusive environments that result in educational success for students from all backgrounds. I recognize that the collegiate environment can be confusing and, at times, difficult to navigate. That is what I am here for, along with CC-Redstone’s outstanding staff: Assistant Director Frank Lasher and Academic Advisor Sara Bates. Together, our goal is to help you navigate Columbia College and stay on-track to earning your degree!

My husband, Dustin, is a production engineer at the Toyota motor plant and my son, Greyson, is in second grade.

I welcome the opportunity to meet you in person, especially as our location prepares to reopen for in-person services in January 2022 and in-person courses in March 2022. If you ever need to reach me, my email is swoods@ccis.edu or call the office at (256) 881-6181.