Athletic Director and Head Women’s Basketball Coach James Arnold. Photo by Anthony Jinson.

via COMO Magazine

Professional background
I am entering my 21st year working in higher education.  While the bulk of that time has been in athletics as a women’s basketball coach and administrator, I’ve also been blessed to work at some fantastic institutions with opportunities to contribute as director of residential life, interim vice president of enrollment management, adjunct faculty, baseball coach, women’s golf coach, and director of intramurals.

Hometown
Paw Paw, WV.

Years lived in Columbia
Four.

Favorite volunteer/community activity
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed serving the last three years on the Columbia Sports Commission. I also have a passion for the election process and have served as an election judge for the past five years.

Favorite recent project
Helping Columbia secure the return of the MSHSAA high school basketball tournaments and keep the other events.  Also, winning the bid for Columbia and Columbia College to co-host the 2024, 2027, and 2030 NAIA Cross Country National Championship.

A Columbia businessperson you admire and why
L’Mont & Kathy Betz – they have built a beautiful and long-term successful business with an emphasis on customer service, family values, and a quality product.

Why you are passionate about your job
I get to spend time with young adults, work every day to support their journey, create a positive and safe environment for growth, and make their student-athlete experience first class.

Why you are passionate about your company
Prior to joining CC, I worked for peer institutions and always admired how CC operates.  There is an expectation and the support to strive for excellence.

Click here to read more!