The Columbia City Council approved an agreement between the City of Columbia and Columbia College at the Dec. 4 City Council meeting which will provide City employees, their spouses, domestic partners and dependents under the age of 25 with higher education benefits.
Under the agreement, Columbia College will provide the following benefits to City employees and their families:
- A 15% tuition discount for all certificates, undergraduate or graduate courses taken online or in-seat at Columbia College Global locations. This discount cannot be retroactively applied or combined with any other Columbia College institutional aid.
- Financial aid staff will help identify additional scholarships, state and federal grants, financial aid and any company-based tuition assistance, which may be combined with the 15% tuition discount.
- Full-time students attending the traditional day campus in Columbia, Missouri, may qualify for merit scholarships which cannot be combined with the partnership discount. If the discount is of higher value, that will be awarded.
- The price per credit hour covers all expenses for the student:
- Textbooks are provided at no additional charge.
- No fees (i.e., application, technology and graduation fees) are charged to the student
- One-on-one coaching, advising, career mapping and tutoring are offered at no charge to the student.
In addition, both the City of Columbia and Columbia College will promote the agreement with City staff and Columbia College students and alumni. This will be done through the promotion of internships and job openings, job interviews, distribution of information to new hires and more.
The agreement was approved for five years, with the opportunity to extend the agreement by one year. For more information about employment benefits offered to City employees, visit CoMo.gov/human-resources/benefits/.